Mand Labs KIT-1: Standard Edition Version 4 (Shipping Now!)
- Middle and High School Students
- STEM Educators running maker spaces, physics labs and robotics programs
- Homeschooling Parents
- DIY Enthusiasts and Makers
The all-in-ones Mand Labs KIT-1: STEM Electronics Kit is your most comprehensive do-it-yourself (DIY) learning kit that takes you on a journey of 60+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. And everything is step-by-step.
No prior experience in electronics is required. As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, learn to use a digital multimeter and grab the basic fundamentals of electricity, including charge, voltage, current, resistance, Ohm’s law and Kirchhoff laws.
As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. At the start of book-2, you will be able to build interesting projects such as automatic night lamp, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in Robotics) and many more.
The kit is a great companion for parents who want to provide early practical exposure to their kids, teachers who want to demonstrate the concepts of electrical science & semiconductors, students who want to learn physics by doing, hobbyists who want to brush up their basics.
What's New in Version 4?
- Wire cutter and stripper is now made of Stainless Steel (SS) and has a new design with a thumb grip.
- A more durable screwdriver is included which can unwind switch terminals and multimeter screws with ease.
- A new 12 V Piezoelectric buzzer with 4.2 KZ frequency is replacing the older 12 Volt 2.4KHz magnetic buzzer in Version 3.
- The portable breadboard box now comes with magnetic locks instead of swap buttons.
- A more tactile microswitch with a 120gF operating force on the lever is introduced.
- Lead Free Solder (Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5) is used for all soldering joints.
- All LEDs are now professionally packaged in moisture free anti-static bags- four different colored bags for each color.
- Learning videos in the USB Flash drive now come with sub-titles (English.
- 24 Micron Polyolefin Shrink Film is used for sealing multimeter, books and KIT-1 box.
- Mand Labs KIT-1 Box is re-engineered for durability, strength and usability. The box is made in 12 different parts and each part is produced with a very high level precision with right fits and tolerances. The box is assembled carefully by hand and undergoes multiple inspections to meet quality standards.
- RoHS and Reach Standards are being strictly adhered.
Topics covered in KIT-1:
Charge, Battery, Voltage, Current, Resistance, LED, Multimeter, Resistors, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel Combination, Variable Resistors: Potentiometer, Preset and LDR, Switches, Capacitors, Relay, Semiconductors, Diode and Its Types, Digital Logic Gates: NOT, OR, AND, NOT, NAND, Zener Diode, DC Motor, Transistors.
Projects in the Box:
Here is list of few interesting projects that you can building using KIT-1:
Automatic Night Lamp, Burglar Alarm, Touch Activated Switch (passing current through body), LED Flasher/Blinker, Sequential Glowing of LEDs, Staircase Lighting, Alternate light control using a Preset, DC Motor as Generator
Contents in the Box:
Includes 57 projects + 136 components+ 2 guide books + 60 videos + step-by-step project guides + workstation + 1 breadboard carry case + 1 flash drive containing all learning materials
Mand Labs KIT-1: Standard Edition
I am a teacher and perpetual student. I bought the kit to fill in the gaps for all the foundational knowledge of electronics that I glossed over in middle school and beyond. I believe in the hands on learning and your kits seemed very well thought out and thorough. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet to use the kit in any significant way. I hope to this coming Summer - but as an administrator, time is very tight. But I still hope to get to it :) I see a lot of promise in your product. I have to explore your web lessons further, but videos are always helpful.
MY SON TRIED DOING SOME OF THE EXERCISES AT THE CINCINATI HOMESCHOOL CONVENTION AND HE SEEMED TO NOT ONLY BE ABLE TO DO THE TASKS BUT UNDERSTAND THE THEORY BEHIND THE LESSON. HE IS ONLY 9 YEARS OLD HOWEVER AND I WANTED TO START HIM ON THE BASIC THEORY AND APPLICATION TO SEE HOW WEL HE LIKED ELECTRONICS THEREFORE I PURCHASED KIT-1
We bought the kit as parents of a homeschool child. We bought it as a way to teach science and technology hands on by doing these labs. Our son already had an interest in electronics and this is allowing him to further explore the subject. Our goal was met of basic understanding of circuits and general electronics. We were looking forward to seeing you again at the Texas homeschool convention where we saw your product last spring and hopefully we were going to ask about new kits. You were not there. The only way it could have been any better is on some of the videos, your native accent made it difficult to understand a few things. I had to try hard to come up with something to say there because honestly it is an extremely good product with good value. I wish your company the best of luck. Maybe you could have different size kits, especially one that was very small with a cool gimmick that would get someone hooked, and then upgrades from there. That way, it would not be as much money at one time. My son is only about half way through the labs and we have had it about a year now
We bought Mand Labs KIT-1 as a Parent to help son understand electronics and computers. We were able to meet our goal and the kit is fine as is.