Mand Labs KIT-1: Standard Edition Version 4 (Shipping Now!)
- Middle and High School Students
- STEM Educators running maker spaces, physics labs and robotics programs
- Homeschooling Parents
- DIY Enthusiasts and Makers
The all-in-ones Mand Labs KIT-1: STEM Electronics Kit is your most comprehensive do-it-yourself (DIY) learning kit that takes you on a journey of 60+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. And everything is step-by-step.
No prior experience in electronics is required. As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, learn to use a digital multimeter and grab the basic fundamentals of electricity, including charge, voltage, current, resistance, Ohm’s law and Kirchhoff laws.
As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. At the start of book-2, you will be able to build interesting projects such as automatic night lamp, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in Robotics) and many more.
The kit is a great companion for parents who want to provide early practical exposure to their kids, teachers who want to demonstrate the concepts of electrical science & semiconductors, students who want to learn physics by doing, hobbyists who want to brush up their basics.
What's New in Version 4?
- Wire cutter and stripper is now made of Stainless Steel (SS) and has a new design with a thumb grip.
- A more durable screwdriver is included which can unwind switch terminals and multimeter screws with ease.
- A new 12 V Piezoelectric buzzer with 4.2 KZ frequency is replacing the older 12 Volt 2.4KHz magnetic buzzer in Version 3.
- The portable breadboard box now comes with magnetic locks instead of swap buttons.
- A more tactile microswitch with a 120gF operating force on the lever is introduced.
- Lead Free Solder (Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5) is used for all soldering joints.
- All LEDs are now professionally packaged in moisture free anti-static bags- four different colored bags for each color.
- Learning videos in the USB Flash drive now come with sub-titles (English.
- 24 Micron Polyolefin Shrink Film is used for sealing multimeter, books and KIT-1 box.
- Mand Labs KIT-1 Box is re-engineered for durability, strength and usability. The box is made in 12 different parts and each part is produced with a very high level precision with right fits and tolerances. The box is assembled carefully by hand and undergoes multiple inspections to meet quality standards.
- RoHS and Reach Standards are being strictly adhered.
Topics covered in KIT-1:
Charge, Battery, Voltage, Current, Resistance, LED, Multimeter, Resistors, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel Combination, Variable Resistors: Potentiometer, Preset and LDR, Switches, Capacitors, Relay, Semiconductors, Diode and Its Types, Digital Logic Gates: NOT, OR, AND, NOT, NAND, Zener Diode, DC Motor, Transistors.
Projects in the Box:
Here is list of few interesting projects that you can building using KIT-1:
Automatic Night Lamp, Burglar Alarm, Touch Activated Switch (passing current through body), LED Flasher/Blinker, Sequential Glowing of LEDs, Staircase Lighting, Alternate light control using a Preset, DC Motor as Generator
Contents in the Box:
Includes 57 projects + 136 components+ 2 guide books + 60 videos + step-by-step project guides + workstation + 1 breadboard carry case + 1 flash drive containing all learning materials
Mand Labs KIT-1: Standard Edition
Haven’t had the chance to dig in very much yet due to time constraints, but on a quick review, it’s a great little kit. Can’t wait to work through the program!
My son loves it so far and is learning a lot. He is 15 and very independent with his homeschooling. So I record him teaching us what he has learned!
I am a teacher and perpetual student. I bought the kit to fill in the gaps for all the foundational knowledge of electronics that I glossed over in middle school and beyond. I believe in the hands on learning and your kits seemed very well thought out and thorough. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet to use the kit in any significant way. I hope to this coming Summer - but as an administrator, time is very tight. But I still hope to get to it :) I see a lot of promise in your product. I have to explore your web lessons further, but videos are always helpful.
I am a Parent.
My 11 year old son is interested in science and I wanted him to do these small science experiments at home.
we had partially started. The plan is to use it this summer.